Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring is on its way!

       My sinus headache and the ever thickening yellow layer on my car tells me that Spring is right around the corner!  Here are a few bloomin' activities:



The synonym and antonym flowers were an idea I got from a picture of Mrs. Thompson's room at Adventures in Teaching. She is hosting a Linky Party so go check it out! I'll be joining in on the fun tomorrow after I take a picture of my reading center!


After reading a few books I found on edhelper.com, The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle, and a couple Life Cycle Science Vocabulary Readers we will organize what we have learned on the flower graphic organizer. 

On the we're blooming writing mat, students will write about spring and how flowers bloom.


What are some of your favorite books to teach plants?  I would LOVE to know some other books I could use!  

4 comments:

  1. Cows may or may not be cute, but this activity sure is! LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! :) your stuff looks great!

    Mrs. Thompson
    Adventures in Teaching

    ReplyDelete