Monday, April 4, 2011

Top Technology Tools Linky Party

      First off, I LOVE finding new technology tools to use with my kiddos. I am 2 classes and an field study away from having a Master's in Instructional Technology. Soooo excited about that!!!
     One of my favorite Bloggy Friends and fellow Texan, Mrs. Saylor, has some of the coolest ideas of different techy tools to use in the classroom. She has a wonderful teacher blog and classroom blog. So long story short, Mrs. Saylor is my inspiration for my first Linky Party.  I'm hoping this Linky Party will bring some Fabulous ideas for end of the year projects! :)


Here is what you do to join the par-tay:

Name your favorite techy thing (hardware (SMARTBoard, iPad), software, programs, websites, etc.) you use with your students and how you use it.

Here is mine:


Photo Story-  Student made, classroom books are fabulous!  Thanks to programs like Photo Story and MovieMaker (Photo Story is more 1st grade friendly) student made books can easily be turned into digital stories.  You can find two that we have done this year here:  Brown Eggs and Peace and Celebrating America.

I also like to use Photostory when teaching animal classification.  The students search Google Images to find and save pics of the type of animal (mammal, brid, reptile, and so on) they want to write about.  We haven't done it yet this year, but here is one from last year.  It is completely student created.  He found the pictures, typed in the text, and pressed the record button.  This video had a title slide with the video name and by:  "student's name" but I cut that out for internet purposes.  :)


Now it's your turn.  Post about the techy thing you love for your kiddos to use and then come back here and link up!!

15 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE technology! I'm going to link up soon...but just wanted to tell you how cute your new blog design is...I want to learn about blog design too! I may call on you when I'm ready to begin...I hope that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jena! My post is an older one I wrote awhile back about my iPEVO document camera. I LOVE IT! Thanks for the cool linky party!

    Kristen
    Ladybug's Teacher Files

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi jena,
    I just did a post on my favorite techy tool a few days ago so I linked up to that. Love your blog.

    Kelley-3rd
    http://randalllearninglibrary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love technology and the new look of your blog!!
    Jonelle
    A Place Called Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah Gladys! I have just stared playing around with the whole blog design thing, but it is fun. I am no Cara Carrol and certainly no Kristen aka Ladybug Teacher! But I will help out anyway I can! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna,

    Truely touched by this. Shouldn't have checked before school because I don't have time to do anything other than comment. Will link up tonight. Picking one will be hard. I too LOVE photostory! Love the look of your blog by the way!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to link up, however, my technology usage is embarrassing. I hope to use more technology in the future. My blog is newly formed and is not at the level of other blogs. Hopefully, we will improve in the future.
    barrowshodgepodge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jena,
    This is such a great idea! I was so excited about it that my original blog post didn't even mention you! (I have fixed that!). I love the Switcheroo Zoo and Blabberize! What fun I am going to have with the second and my students will love the zoo one! Thanks for doing this linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish that I had more technology in my room right now! I have a projector and document camera, but I would love s SMART Board. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for letting me join up to this linky party. It was so much fun and I got some great tips along the way. I can't wait to check them out!
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jena, I linked up again. :) I hope that ok.

    Ms. M
    www.msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. awwww...I missed out :(
    Here are my favorite IPad apps, just in case!
    The First Grade Derby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not always. But what you describe probably is a fair account of most fashion and luxury goods advertising. Equally, if advertising adds emotional value to simple things, it may actually add to the emotional enjoyment of essentials.
    tachnologys basket

    ReplyDelete
  14. Indeed there are the best possible provisions mentioning the true values which have already been cited here, so, indeed a better instance to be carried forward. essay grammer checker

    ReplyDelete