Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Made It! {Happy Teacher Box}

I am so stinking excited to link up with Tara for my very first Monday Made It!!! Yay!!!

 So, here is what I made:
A Happy Teacher Box
 I was inspired by something I found on Pinterest from Bee in Our Bonnet and they were inspired from something they saw on U-Create.

Here is all the stuff you will need: 
I used a large craft box (about 6 inches by 11 inches).  It came from Hobby Lobby and was 50% off $1.99.  Yup, a dollar!  The rest of the stuff is small pink, red, black, and white, office supplies from Target. I got some candy in pink wrappers (Dove Dark Chocolate with Raspberry Swirl.  That mess is sooooo flippin' good!).  The Starburst are some FaveRed edition I had never seen before.  They are all a shade of pink or red.

I also got  little hand sanitizers from the Dollar Spot and decorative tape and stickers from the scrapbook section.  I peeled the labels off and added the scrapbook stuff to spruce it up a little.

 I put everything in the plastic box.
I still have enough stuff to fill up the other 2 boxes I will do. 

 Then I made these in Photoshop using elements from Class Act Scrap Kit from Just So Scrappy Too and a frame from the Digital Bake Shop:
 

You can use these if you want to make a different sized box.  If you would like to make the same size I did, you can download the file by clicking{here}.

 I cut it out and glued it to the top of the box. 

Finally, I tied a bow around it and signed the tag.  It took longer to type this post than it did to make the Happy Teacher Box!


That's it!  Before you go check out all the awesome stuff at Monday Made It, don't forget to enter
my BIG OLE GIVEAWAY!!!   Only a few hours left!

One more thing!  Last night when I was spreadin' blog love, I left some one out!  Jaime from Bright Concepts 4 Teachers gave me a Versatile Blogger award.  Thanks girl!!!!

Now get over to 4th Grade Frolics and look at all the craftiness!!!!!

36 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is the cutest idea!! I have to make these for my teammates! I am pinning this right now!!:)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jena!!! :) I ADORE this project...I want to make this for my teaching neighbors on either side. It's perfect, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jena!!! LOVE this! I would totally be a happy teacher if I got this!! So cute!!! I would love to make these for a few of my teaching friends too!! Thanks for linking up and sharing the idea:) Hope you can come back next week:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, Jena! So cute! Love that clipart you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CUTE!!!!! LOVE IT!! Starting in a new district. This will be great for my new teammates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea! I love it...and it is so adorable! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love, love, love this idea. It is so cute!! I have to make one for my student teacher I will have this year as a welcome gift!!! I snagged a copy of the tags. Thanks
    Crystal
    Ms Jones Junction

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a lovely idea. Thank you for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I am your newest follower!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to make one of these-- and now I'm inspired!! Maybe I'll make them for my teamies :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE it!!! It turned out so stinkin' cute! Looks like a trip to the Dollar Store is in my near future!
    Christie :)
    First Grade Fever

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the perfect gift for a teacher! Thanks for passing along the awesome idea!

    Rebecca

    First Grade Fascination

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my blog and sharing some love! I am your newest follower!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks ladies for all your super sweet thoughts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have a new teacher in our building and this would be a great welcome gift. Thanks for the inspiration and the tags!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HOW CUTE IS THAT???? You did a great job! Who wouldn't love to receive that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is the perfect back to school gift! I love it! Thanks for sharing.
    Teachin' First

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohmyword, that's adorable! I will have to make those for my teammates this year! Thanks for sharing!!

    Kate
    EduKate and Inspire
    Come stop by my 100 follower giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just stopped by your blog and LOVE it! That is a great idea. We are getting 2 new teachers and I would love to do something like that for the newbies! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm now following you and picked up your button too. :)

    Jen
    www.AdventuresinMrsMartinsRoom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Happy Teacher Box! I will be making one of those! I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog! I have a question....maybe you can answer. How do I get the little reply button to show up under each comment people leave me? Do you know? I just realized I am seeing them on most blogs, but not mine! Thanks and I will be stopping by often!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this! ;) super cute blog with great ideas... Keep the great things coming!
    counselinghearts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! That was pretty awesome. I specially love the colors that you picked and customize the sanitizers. It was indeed a lovely gift idea. I really love it. I can think of things to put in a box like cross-stitch items that is a hobby of my mother. Brilliant page Jena!

    cheap storage

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love it! Thanks for sharing the ready made sign! (One less step is so appreciated!) I am going to make these for my friends too-thanks for the inspiration! (Aren't you worried they'll see them on your blog?? hehe)Quick question...what kind of glue did you use? I'm excited to be your newest follower-just started blogging on Satuday. Would love if you stopped by!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just found your blog! I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing!! What a great idea for teacher appreciation week!

    Bridget
    Literacy Without Worksheets

    ReplyDelete